Carlo's Dad Sicilian Bruschetta
- 1lb Almotti Pane Rustico (GF Round Loaf)
- 1lb Tomatoes on the Vine (about 4 tomatoes)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 - 8 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil Leaves (about 5-6, plus more for garnish)
- Coarse Sea Salt to taste
Wash and cut all the tomatoes in the vine in small cubes and place in a stainless steal (preferred but it could be any material) mixing bowl.
Mince the garlic in very small pieces and add to the tomatoes.
Add the extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time, enough to cover the tomatoes and garlic. Also add chopped basil leaves to the mix and salt to taste.
Mix all ingredient well and cover with plastic film.
Very important step...Refrigerate for at least 12 hours to allow all the flavors to be enhanced.
Once ready to serve, slice your Almotti Pane Rustico and toast it to your desired preference. Add a few spoonfuls of the Bruschetta mixture on top and ENJOY!